I think I saw you crashing
But I persisted not on the subject
I think I knew what was coming
But thinking halfway seemed so perfect
Although I saw you dying
My adamant heart cut you out
Easier is smiling
And I genuinely needed the doubt
Even through your cancer
You smiled from your side of the bed
Now I wish I could have read
The thoughts running through your head
I can't stop myself from looking
At how decrepit you've become
I want not to stare
But the movements just wont come
I think i deciphered your secret
The one you tried so hard to hide :
Watching us around you
It helped the pain subside
Because you knew God had bigger plans
For you angel, each and every day
So maybe I'll manage a smile at the thought of you
When you finally fly away.
-maxine
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment