Sunday, December 21, 2008

Saturday :)

It started off for a good cause really. Heading towards an orphanage in Puchong with the rest of the rotarians to visit the orphans and sing christmas carols with them was the best thing I did this year..They were also provided basic alimentation in the form of food, groceries and other household needs (:

-Mr Graham dressed as Santa Claus ready to dole out the goodies for the kids :)-

Anyway after about 2 and a half hours the weather got so bloody hot Eulynn, Harris, Fikri and I said goodbye to the orphans and deliberated taking a taxi to bangsar village 2. So Fikri and Harris stole like half the jelly cake from the food table surreptitiously (This will haunt my conscience for the rest of my life) and we walked to the nearest checkpoint. Hello only high school within a thousand miles :) >> SMK Puchong Jaya (A). So here we are sitting on the side of the road covered in dust plus smoke contribution in the form of Harris's cigarette everytime a car passes by, and constantly pressing in taxi numbers in our cells only to get NO ANSWER.

Oh yes. And when the taxi number actually answered?
Maxine : Hellohellohello?! Please send a taxi to SMK Puchong Jaya (A)?
Fattaxilady : DI MANAKAH KAMU?
Maxine : *repeats*
Fattaxilady : ADAKAH KAMU. MERUPAKAN SEORANG LELAKI ATAU PEREMPUAN? ATAU KEDUA-DUANYA.
Maxine : ....
Fattaxilady : ....

Hey taxi lady even if i WAS a tranny. You have no right to ask personal questions! Malaysians nowadays, i SAYY.

Maxine (all bitter by now): Yeah I bet the other rotarians already left the place and are in their bathtubs at home right now.
Fikri (nonchalant to whatever's going on around him): The jelly's starting to taste WEIRD

So he left it at the side of the road. In it's pitiful cadbury box. (Another shot at my conscience that there are dying kids in Africa) So we're stranded there for what seems like days. When all hope seems to be gone, tada! the rotarian cars are sighted about 50 metres down the road :)
One of them slows down and makes some hand signal asking if we're alright.
Just as we're about to stand up and get into the car...

Eulynn. Miss Lim-Eulynn. Makes an unforgettable decision.
She lifts. Her hand. AND WAVES.

YES

WAVES.

So Mr rotarian + friends wave back assuming we do not need a ride. And go jollying themselves down the road back to KL :)

Fikri,Harris,Maxine : .....

Who could forget this moment? Timeless right?


Plan B (After we reminisce about the incident like three times over and over again half laughing and half crying) : We decide we can still walk to the main road to find a cab..So we hike up. And I begin to acknowledge the all too familiar feeling of deja vu. Somewhere at the back of my mind, I recall a certain incident involving a few stray dogs we once saw trotting along near 7e in Bukit Damansara. Kinda similiar to the four of us trotting along Puchong right now?!
Back then.
Maxine : Oh oh look at the stray doggies. Like they're all on one big adventure :) With great expectations!

Yes great expected short lives or..or death! Just like how we're gonna DIE IN PUCHONG. Yes, I suddenly have this epiphany that I'm going to die in Puchong. NOT AT PUCHONG. PLEASE. I will die anywhere else. but I will never be able to rest in peace if I DIE IN PUCHONG, fuck this if i die here i'm taking the whole world with me. Forgive my french, I was feeling rather negative and worn out by then x)

So anyshmooze, we make it to a nearby coffee shop and get us some can drinks. On our way out? We see a magical horse drawn carriage. Well, I do anyway. The heat was starting to get to me.


So we runnnnnnnn after our god blessed taxi :) And yes i happened to be wearing the most thin made-out-of-soft-bedroom-slippers-ish material flats. And to make matters worse I start laughing like some chicken head and get a stitch halfway. Thankfully the taxi sees us and waits. He says it's alright to ride with him as long as we're all single. All of us? Looks like this man likes both em genders :P

The curtains of this story conveniently closes with a happy ending :)
We shop around Telawi street. I try to convince these people to get their brows threaded. Pa and Fi try on tuxedo's at Padini and we take pictures yo <3



Maxine : It's spiderbitch bitches.
Eulynn : Maxine what the FUCK are you doing?!


Love and kisses,
Till next time
-Girlfriend- (:

No comments: